Monday, January 19, 2009

Oh God,
You did not make my tragic heart for no reason...
my pace to quicken with each breath of magic.
my eyes to smolder and bleed tears welled deeply from depths beyond my physical heart...
Jesus... I want a love for all ages...
to be planted alongside the intertwining trees of tristan and isolde.
to endure through the hardships of hell... die thousands of times over... 

Oh Jesus... why do I always settle when you've promised me the ages?

Water and tend this depth in me,
This ancient spirit that escapes in gasps ...

Do not allow me to fall away and deny myself what you've promised...
Grant me the strength to wait.
Wait for someone who will love me beyond himself.
Someone who will die for me.... a thousand deaths... 
let me see it in his eyes.

Only do not let us fail.


No comments: