Friday, January 30, 2009

i love being a girl.

i'm sorta tired of the sorts of girls that pretend they aren't girls.

"i'm such a boy"
no.  you aren't. you are just aware of the well known fact that girls are really stupid about a lot of things.

Certainly, I think the games girls play get old.
but i still find myself doing them every once in a while.

I feel like a lot of the girls who identify themselves as boys are really just taking a different route to get attention than most girls.

Andrea, and Lauren are some of the most boyish girls I've ever met.  They are laid back and able to include everyone in a conversation without pushing their own agenda.  

My biggest reason for hanging out mostly with boys is because girls seem to constantly want to name drop and let you know more and more about how THEY are cool.... how THEY were the first to know about something... who stinking cares??!?
Boys want to push their agenda through these strange and foreign respect struggles that they push up against each other... but its too subtle for me to pick up on very often so I just feel more comfortable around them.

Andrea and Lauren are girly.
We enjoy clothes... we enjoy relationships and analyzing them.... we like fixing things through conversation.
We view the Lord in the same way from our girl perspective... 

but they are so restorative in their just being.

Meaghan is like that too... just like a restorative person.





I HOPE that I can be like that for people sometime.. but I'm pretty sure I am one of the girls that is pushing my agenda a lot too...  darn.



No comments: