Sunday, April 5, 2009

Why should I run from selfishness and sin?

"A man by his sin may waste himself, which is to waste that which on earth is most like God.  This is man's greatest tragedy and God's heaviest grief."
-A W Tozer

"When we face the holy God, 'nice' isn't what we will be concerned with, and it dfinitely isn't what He will be thinking about.  Any compliments you recieved on earth will be cone; all that will be left for you is truth.  The church in Sardis had a great reputation, but it didn't matter.  jesus said to them, "I know your deeds; you have a reputations of being alive, but you are dead" (Rev. 3:1).  All that matters is the reality of who we are before God."
-Francis Chan

"His work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light.  It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work.  if what he has built survives, he will receive his reward.  If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames. "
-1 Corinthians 3:13-15


from the end of the Crazy Love chapter I read this afternoon:

"Friends, we need to stop living selfish lives, forgetful of our God.  Our lives here are short, often unexpectedly so, and we can all stand to be reminded of it from time to time.  That's why I wrote this chapter, to help us remember that in the movie of life, nothing matters except our King and God.
Don't let yourself forget.  Soak it in and keep remembering that it is true. He is everything."



Next Questions from Emily to God:
mk.  So It's made clearer in my spirit the refreshing water truth of how my actions should just simply be sprung out of a heart that wants you?

Can you make me want you?

Could you please pursue me?

Corner me?

Fill my every need though I am wicked and provide for me?

Satiate all the thirsts that I don't even realize exist and help guide me with your clear direction?

No comments: