Wednesday, April 29, 2009

girls should be aware of this.

i never open forwards but considering that Bickey was the one who sent me this... i did.




This could also apply to someone just wanting you to pull out your wallet so they can take it.

RAPIST  TRICK
>
> Know what money you are carrying.  You will  see why as you read...
>
> Be sure every woman is aware of  this method of operating.  Share it  
> with those you  love.   Know what money you are carrying. This was   
> the first I have heard of a scheme like this. Be safe!  Something   
> very serious to pay attention to.
>
> Criminals are  coming up with craftier, less threatening methods of  
>  attack, so we have to be extra cautious.
>
> Read on about  the author who lives in Alexandria, VA.
>
> I live in  Alexandria, VA, but I often work in Lafayette, LA,  
>  staying with friends when I'm there.  As you know from  America's  
> Most Wanted TV program, as well as the news  media, there is a  
serial killer in the Lafayette  area.  I just want to let you know  
> about an  "incident" that happened to me a few weeks ago, and could  
>  have been deadly.
>
> At first I didn't go to the police or  anyone with it because I  
> didn't realize how serious this  encounter was.  But since I work in  
> a jail and I  told a few people about it, it wasn't long before I  
> was  paraded into Internal Affairs to tell them my story.  It was   
> approximately 5:15 a.m. in Appaloosas, La. I had stayed with  a  
> friend there and was on my way to work.
>
>  I stopped at the Exxon/Blimpie Pie station to get gas. I got $10   
> gas and a Diet Coke. I took into the store two $5 bills and one  $1  
> bill (just enough to get my stuff). As I pulled away  from the  
> store, a man approached my truck from the back  side of the store  
> (an unlit area).
>
> He was  an "approachable-looking" man (clean cut, clean shaven,  
>  dressed well, etc.). He walked up to my window and knocked.   Since  
> I'm very paranoid and 'always looking for the  rapist or killer,' I  
> didn't open the  window.
>
> I just asked what he wanted.  He raised a  $5 bill to my window and  
> said, "You dropped this."   Since I knew I had gone into the store  
> with a certain  amount of money, I knew I didn't drop it.
>
> When I told  him it wasn't mine, he began hitting the window and  
> door,  screaming at me to open my door, and insisting that I had  
>  dropped the money! At that point, I just drove away as fast as I   
> could.
>
> After talking to the Internal Affairs  Department and describing the  
> man I saw, and the way he  escalated from calm and polite to angry  
> and volatile ...  it was determined that I could have possibly  
> encountered  the serial killer myself.
>
> Up to this point, it had been  unclear as to how he had gained  
> access to his victims,  since there has been no evidence of forced  
> entry into  victim's homes, cars, etc. And the fact that he has been  
>  attacking in the daytime, when women are less likely to have their   
> guard up, means he is pretty BOLD.
>
> So think  about it...what gesture is nicer than returning money to  
>  someone that dropped it?????
>
> How many times would you  have opened your window (or door) to get  
> your money and  say thank you ...
>
> Because if the person is kind enough  to return something to you,  
> then he can't really be a  threat, can he????
>
> Please be cautious! This might not  have been the serial killer....  
> But anyone that gets that  angry over someone not accepting money  
> from them can't  have honorable intentions. The most important thing  
> to  note is that his reaction was NOT WHAT I EXPECTED!  A total   
> surprise!  But what might have happened if I had opened my  door? I  
> shudder to think!
>
> Forward this to  everyone you know. Maybe they can be as fortunate  
> as I  was!
>
> P.S.  Ladies, really DO forward this to  EVERYONE you know.  Even if  
> this man wasn't a serial  killer, he looked nice, he seemed polite,  
> he was  apparently doing an act of kindness, but HE WAS NOT A NICE   
> PERSON!
>
> Men, send it to all the women in your  life. What you do today is  
> important because you are  exchanging a day of your life for it.   
> Make it  a good one!
>
> Please forward to anyone you think might  benefit from this story..

 

No comments: