Friday, March 6, 2009

UNREAL.

k.  i haven't gotten around to mentioning it on here... but there is this kid that i see like 8 times every day.
we make awkward eye contact every time and this has been going on for over a month.

its ridiculous.

the first time was in Heritage when i was getting coffee... we both saw each other and smiled whatever fine cool.

no.

i see him EVERYWHERE and it is so beyond normal its driving me insane.

let me give you an example.
last TUESDAY

1. walk into heritage at 1... while filling out my card i look up and the first person i see is this red haired mustached kid turned around in his chair staring at me.  AWKWARD.
2. i look away and walk over to get my fruit smoothie.... guess whos in line 2 people after me!? guess who i make eye contact with?
3. i sit down with the couple girls from my art and faith class who have their food already... theres Ginger just standing a table away talking to a girl from my class... we meet eyes... AH.
4. he sits down a table away facing me.... is this a joke?  (and seriously... he doesnt seem to be doing it on purpose liek... its just that his friends happen to have chosen that spot.... whyyyyy???)
5. he's gone but when we get up to leave to go to the Leather Room for class hes standing in the doorway so i have to walk by him.
6. im sitting in class ( the leather room is like... a lounge that you arent supposed to have class in but my prof does it anyways.... its attached to the art gallery hall in Duke and theres a giant window... -so that everyone can see you sitting in a comfy armchair discussing with mature greying adults the implications of salvation and blaa blablablabla).....

guess who walks by and sees me THROUGH the window and makes eye contact?!  like... seriously... i want to laugh but i'm so afraid that this kid thinks i'm stalking HIM that i just like stare and dodge my eyes away.

7. thinking its all over i continue throughout my day....
after 2d design i run into the Den to get my Caprese Sandwich.  No one eats as late as i do on this day so I usually grab food to go and head up to start homework or hang out in andrea's room.

my arms are all carrying stuff so i walk up to the door and do a Meaghan kick against the push bar.

guess who the door hits?

... yeah.




OUT OF A MOVIE.
the door swings and nips the mustached orange hair kid and then i almost walk into him.

i apologize and book it.






& it hasn't gotten any better...

turns out... he's friends with like every upper class-man i know.
and is probably going to become one of my friends...

its inevitable...
but what's also inevitable is a conversation we will have.
where i basically have to find a way to 1. convince him i'm a normal human and not a stalker, 2. figure out if he's one... 3. leave feeling NOT-awkward and at peace.... and in a way where i could just say hi every time i see him and not run away like a little freaked out coward.

i was prompted to make this entry because i just had lunch with my RA so we could go over a sweatshirt design i'm working on... & guess who's meeting with her afterward ...

guess who like... tried super hard to awkwardly pretend i wasn't there....

AGAIN... we didn't introduce ourselves...

which means... MORE awkwardness when it has to happen.

UGH.

1 comment:

rollolazo said...

So great.
I'm anticipating you guys to become friends and him to stumble upon this entry.