Friday, March 20, 2009

Recently..

i love making little connections:
doing the small Literary devices portion of my Luke Inductive study (luke 67-80) & i asked a question in the questioning part about the "house of his servant David."
simply for the fact of observing a figure of speech - house as a way of saying ancestral line...

but then i realized...
wait.
David's house...

The city of David: bethlahem was where Jesus was born.

I've learned recently in our Ruth study at Foothill that Bethlahem means "House of Bread."

how interesting...
it seems the more I learn... the more I realize that often Jesus merely perpetuated metaphors that YHWH had already written into history...

Jesus is the Bread of Life...
coming out of the House of Bread...
David's house...

idk small connection... but interesting nonetheless.


Also,
I wish i could go to Clayton McDonald's service at Cornerstone tomorrow...
How ridiculous that i've never met him and I want to touch his family... prayers for them are flowing from my shoulders... idk how to describe that...
its that wish to carry things for people.

God take care of all the children with Leukemia.



Final thoughts,
I mentioned again to Mike about wanting to go to India... requesting he keep his ears open for a good way to get me there.  He was able to tell me that his good friend is opening a transitional center for girls there soon. ( my gosh! )
I didn't expect this to become available for another 5 years... but I could actually have an opportunity to start working at a center in the summers.
It wouldn't happen til next year... but just imagine... I could actually pursue my dream.
It's tangibly close.

No comments: