Wednesday, March 11, 2009

kaleo tonight.

Even though I walk through the valley 
Of the shadow of death,
Your perfect love is casting out fear.
And even when I´m caught in the middle 
Of the storms of this life,
I won´t turn back; I know You are near.

And I will fear no evil,
For my God is with me.
And if my God is with me,
Whom then shall I fear? Whom then shall I fear?

O no, You never let go,
Through the calm and through the storm
O no, You never let go,
In every high and every low
O no, You never let go, Lord You never let go of me.


And I can see a light that is coming
for the heart that holds on 
A glorious light beyond all compare.
And there will be an end to these troubles,
But until that day comes,
We´ll live to know You here on the earth.

Yes, I can see a light that is coming 
For the heart that holds on,
And there will be an end 
To these troubles, 
But until that day comes,
Still I will praise You, 
Still I will praise You. 


I really needed to hear everything Woody had to say tonight... though some might say it was disjointed and simple... 
1. Catling always says that he is held to a higher standard because he is a professor... Teachers... or anyone that is supposed to be more experienced in christianity would be better off tying a millstone around their neck and launching themselves out into the surf than causing a small new christian to stumble.  This goes for me too... I have to live a life that is fully acknowledging always my dependence on the Lord and my weakness without him.

2. I have to be aware of my reactions towards people who have wronged me... do i a. not say anything out of fear of confrontation? 
b. not say anything to them but turn to the like-minded individuals around me and enjoy the "safety" of telling them what a person did to me? 
or c.  confront them out of a desire to see them shamed and hear an apology?

i shouldn't be doing any of these... 
i need to function constantly out of a heart that finds full satisfaction in Jesus.  One that understands that I've done many awful things its ridiculous and yet the Lord sees beauty because of his son.  I should see that in others as well... (this does not negate the need to rebuke another person when they've wronged you... simply remember to do it in LOVE & keeping in mind that "hurt people hurt people" ).

finally,
the disciples response is to ask for an increase of Faith.
WHY: because they know that these 2 things Jesus asks of them would be impossible on their own strength (DO THIS EMILY!)

and Jesus describes a faith that could throw a mulberry tree into the sea.

WHAT ON EARTH?
mulberry?whosiwhatsit.

Mulberry trees have such tangled roots that it was rumored in Jesus time that it would take over 600 years to untangle them.

So Jesus is giving us an option... 
We can go into the sea with our millstone... prideful and of no more use to the Lord.
or we can, with his great power, throw our tangled impossible situations into the sea.

Lord, please take this thing i'm dealing with this week... and launch it into the sea... increase my faith Lord and give me the patient loving-kindness (hessod) to rebuke in LOVE these girls that have wronged me.

No comments: