Wednesday, May 20, 2009

my dayyyyy

simon called today.
3 hour long phone conversation...
i discovered he called me at 3 oclock AM in japan.
he's nuts.

i really miss that kid.
even as weird as some of the things he says are.
and he's honestly more encouraging than a lot of my other friends have been as of late.


i'm working on this drawing.
its looking really good.
i want to do a HUGE one with like 80 billion characters all doing things.

i went and turned in my app at world cup coffee... man that guy likes me... we just chat and chat and joke around...
also the art they have in there SUCKS.
that lady is terrible...

the guy behind the counter draws some amazing stuff though...

i'd like to get my stuff up in there someday.


then i went over and applied at platos... which is probably the only place that will call back cause they are the only people hiring right now... which sorta sucks cause i have zero desire to work for them.

but i mean... i'd rather have money than anything else.

well my dignity.
thats why i'm not a prostitute.

ummmmm oh ahahaha.. simon confided that he had actually contemplated prostitution as a way of coming home.
he has no way of getting home so people in the states are having fundraisers to raise money so he can get home by july and not be deported.

HA.

stupid kid.

welllll.. oh and then i turned in my APPs at Urban and World Market.

urban seems actually sorta interested every time i talk to someone... and they always ask how immediate you can work which makes me wonder if they are for real hiring...
but the problem is i have no retail experience which makes me nervous.

ugh.
i guess if i worked at platos' this summer i could work at urban over winter break and follow that up wiht the much more likely possibility of anthropologies internship for next summer...
working at urban in the afternoon/evenings and decorating in anthro in the early morning.

No comments: