Tuesday, May 19, 2009

birdseed shirt.

adagietto
by Gustav Mahler.
so beautiful... i have a new favorite classical music era.  post romanticism.

reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

sort of laughing...
sometimes it bothers me how jonathan safran foer's style is so pretentious.... at least Niffenegger had the decency to be human.

also...  there are no jobs in our city.
ive applied to about 15 places... that seem all over the spectrum if you ask me...
ive dug deep.

but you look on craigslist and its like.... DEAD.

plus it doesnt even matter if you have a degree... thats not what they want...
they need people who have bussed tables before.
they need people who are sioux chefs.
they need people who can pack up and move to some god forsaken joint in southern oregon to teach pre schoolers... WHY ON EARTH is that on the portland listing?

everywhere i apply they just sorta look at you sadly...

why would they give me a job when 500 people just got laid off from Nike and more from Intel?

Chevron and a bunch of car places had to let people go too...

i'm sorta trying to decide if it wouldn't just be better to sit inside my room all summer and read.

i'm becoming quite good at it.
THINK ABOUT IT.
if i don't spend money...
i dont need money.

if i don't hand out with people... and become a recluse... reading and growing a brain so huge my room can barely contain it... 
welllllll i don't need need to spend money.

i  can walk across the street pulling my brain in a red wagon behind me while I head over to the library...


id read RILKE, DOSTOEVSKY, L'ENGLE, and listen to music from before my birth.


No comments: